In the Cambodia killing fields
There remains the bones of those killed
Set in glass, oh the shock, the horror
Sickening, a million lives, here, stilled
Five thousand human skulls
Stare at you with hollow eyes
Arranged by age and sex. then by the tools
That crushed and silenced their cries
Hauntingly the evil is palpable
Despairingly, I asked of Christ's atonement
Could it even cover this atrocity?
Overwhelmingly, I knew YES What JOY God sent
I heard in my mind
Jesus saying,
"Don't worry
I've got this!
I will make this right
Joy is coming
I offer it to all mankind!"
May we all say
In our suffering
At the end of the day
"Though God try me
I shall come forth as gold
And though he slay me
I trust joy will unfold!"
Come what may to this body
Though worms come and destroy
I know I shall see God and Jesus
Unto eternal joy
between 1974-1979....
The ultimate lesson of the Book of Job is that our job, like Job’s, is to trust God no matter what. Like Job, we need to trust in our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and remain faithful in all circumstances.
Elder Dale G Renlund shares this heartfelt experience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKGWmTtHIgU
No comments:
Post a Comment