A man was fighting the waves
Taking him out to sea
He prayed to God who saves
Only Him he wanted to see
For a life guard threw him a float
Yet he said, "Thanks, I'm just fine"
He knew his best friend would show
The life guard didn't want a fight
Next came a life boat,
Accepting their float
On he continued to sea
Waiting for God, but he did not see
That it was Him who sent each float
A day, a night, a day
Still he floated on
Then he heard a voice say,
"I was there twice! You were wrong!"
Soon, he saw a fisherman
And waved for him to save
He knew that God had sent them
He said goodbye to pride with a wave
Last, he seemed to hear
"Whether by my servant or me, it is the same"
I felt His presence near
I felt such joy! All along it was Him who came!
[Verse 1] A man was fighting waves that pulled him out to sea He prayed to God who saves, “Please come and rescue me” A lifeguard threw a float; he answered, “I’m alright” “My closest friend will come for me; I’m waiting for His sign” [Verse 2] A boat came riding near and offered him a place He thanked them for the float, then turned away his face He watched the water rise beneath the fading blue Still waiting for the hand of God, not knowing what God knew [Chorus] You were there in every helping hand In every voice that called me back to land I looked for You beyond the open sea But every rescue was Your mercy reaching me You were there, You were there all along I mistook Your answer for a different song [Verse 3] A day, a night, a day, he drifted on alone Then a quiet voice replied, “You missed what I had shown I sent the float, I sent the boat, I called you from the waves How many times must love arrive before a heart is saved?” [Chorus] You were there in every helping hand In every voice that called me back to land I looked for You beyond the open sea But every rescue was Your mercy reaching me You were there, You were there all along I mistook Your answer for a different song [Bridge] Then a fisherman appeared and heard him call for aid He lowered down a line, and pride began to fade He whispered, “God has sent you,” and climbed aboard at last The shore grew clear before his eyes; the danger drifted past [Final Chorus] You were there in every helping hand In every voice that called me back to land Whether servant, stranger, friend, or You The saving love was always coming through You were there, You were there all along I was held before I knew where I belonged [Outro] I felt Your presence near, and all my fear was gone Every path that brought me home was Yours all along
I remember hearing a story similar to this, but the man drowns. I didn't like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment