Racked with the memory
Of my many sins
I confessed my life's story
To God, from within
So harrowed up in sorrow
I prayed until it was tomorrow
In an instant the pain was gone
I felt to sing the Redeemer's song
Love... Joy... sank into my heart
And contained every chamber
Warm it softened what was hard
That I might feel my Savior
And contained every chamber
Warm it softened what was hard
That I might feel my Savior
I cried out and Thou answered
I feel changed by Thy Son
I prayed for those dark with anger
In an instant, love within me sung
The atonement is real
It is something you can feel
It changes you within
On your heart, love is written
[Verse 1]
Racked with the memory
Of my many sins
I confessed my life's story
To God, from within
[Verse 2]
So harrowed up in sorrow
I prayed until it was tomorrow
In an instant the pain was gone
I felt to sing the Redeemer's song
[Chorus]
Love, joy sank into my heart
And filled each hidden chamber
Warm, it softened what was hard
That I might feel my Savior
[Verse 3]
I cried out and Thou answered
I feel changed by Thy Son
I prayed for those dark with anger
In an instant, love within me sung
[Bridge]
The Atonement is real
It is something you can feel
It changes you within
On your heart, love is written
[Chorus]
Love, joy sank into my heart
And filled each hidden chamber
Warm, it softened what was hard
That I might feel my Savior
[Outro]
On your heart, love is written
On your heart, love is written
I keep thinking about Alma- when he was harrowed up in sorrow for sin and wished to have not even existed. In an instant this pain was gone when he remembered what he once knew.
-
3 Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the ajoy of the saints, bsunk deep into my heart.
Cross-References
Cross-References from the Footnotes and Study Helps
-
3 In the day when I acried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.
-
17 And it came to pass after I, Nephi, having heard all the awords of my father, concerning the things which he saw in a bvision, and also the things which he spake by the power of the Holy Ghost, which power he received by faith on the Son of God—and the Son of God was the cMessiah who should come—I, Nephi, was ddesirous also that I might see, and hear, and know of these things, by the power of the eHoly Ghost, which is the fgift of God untogall those who diligently seek him, as well in times of hold as in the time that he should manifest himself unto the children of men.
-
17 And it came to pass that as I was thus aracked with torment, while I was bharrowed up by the cmemory of my many sins, behold, I dremembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment