Imagine hearing the Lord
Saying your name as one adored
While speaking to Father of your needs
I did... and fell gratefully to my knees
With warmth and emotion I then cried
And offered what words I could find
Displaying my life and thoughts to discuss
I prayed to God, humbly, through Jesus
Truly thanking Him for all I have received
I thought of my sins and mournfully grieved
Wanting more to serve Him than any thing in life
I sought for love and sensed warmth and light
Determining to do better, I vowed to pray always
And nightly pursue the lessons of each day
Thus, linking the weeks, months, and years
As the things of the Spirit, to my mind, more appears
Verse 1]
Imagine hearing the Lord say my name
As one adored, I bowed in His claim
Speaking to Father of all that I need
I fell gratefully down to my knees
[Pre-Chorus]
With warmth in my chest, I started to cry
And offered Him words I could find
I laid out my life, my heart, and my mind
Prayed to God through Jesus, humble and wide
[Chorus]
I thanked Him, I thanked Him
For all I have received
I knelt there, I knelt there
And mourned the sins in me
I want to serve Him more
Than anything I need
I thanked Him, I thanked Him
For all I have received
[Verse 2]
I thought of my faults and felt the weight
The grieved-up shame of a wandering day
Still I sensed His love, so warm and near
Like morning light breaking through my fear
[Pre-Chorus]
I vowed to pray, to pray always
Night after night, through changing days
To learn each lesson His mercy gives
And let my whole life be His
[Chorus]
I thanked Him, I thanked Him
For all I have received
I knelt there, I knelt there
And mourned the sins in me
I want to serve Him more
Than anything I need
I thanked Him, I thanked Him
For all I have received
[Bridge]
Weeks turned to months, and months to years
Still the Spirit keeps drawing near
The more I listen, the more I see
His hand at work inside of me
[Chorus]
I thanked Him, I thanked Him
For all I have received
I knelt there, I knelt there
And mourned the sins in me
I want to serve Him more
Than anything I need
I thanked Him, I thanked Him
For all I have received
Elder David A. Bednar
Pray Always
Ensign, November 2008
click on title to go directly:
LDS.org - Ensign Article - Pray Always
`
Elder David A. Bednar
Pray Always
Ensign, November 2008
click on title to go directly:
LDS.org - Ensign Article - Pray Always
`

No comments:
Post a Comment