A little girl in her new Easter dress
Covered her eyes as though a princess
Not to ignore, but in fun to play
Hide and seek in a peek a boo way
And for her I sang a special song
As a single tear trickled along
Memories spilled of a yester year
To flow upon me all so clear
My mothers voice and her piano
As she rejoiced, her face all aglow
Now my eyes have opened and I can see!
T'was love she had been sharing with me!
[Verse 1]
A little girl in her new Easter dress
Covered her eyes like a princess
Not to ignore me, just playing along
Hide-and-seek in a peekaboo song
[Verse 2]
And for her I sang a special song
As one small tear came trickling along
Memories spilled from a yesteryear
And gathered around me, bright and clear
[Chorus]
My mother's voice, her piano
Her laughing face all aglow
Now my eyes have opened, and I can see
It was love she had been sharing with me
[Bridge]
The room grew still, the years fell away
I heard her hands from another day
Every note held what words couldn't say
She was giving her heart in her own quiet way
[Chorus]
My mother's voice, her piano
Her laughing face all aglow
Now my eyes have opened, and I can see
It was love she had been sharing with me
[Outro]
So I held that child close and sang softly
While spring light rested on her sleeve
My mother's love was there all along
In every tender, remembered song
An oldy to remember
Open My Eyes, That I May See
Clara H. Scott, 1841-1897
Open my eyes, that I may see
glimpses of truth thou hast for me;
place in my hands the wonderful key
that shall unclasp and set me free.
Silently now I wait for thee,
ready, my God, thy will to see.
Open my eyes, illumine me, Spirit divine!
Open my ears, that I may hear
voices of truth thou sendest clear;
and while the wave notes fall on my ear,
everything false will disappear.
Silently now I wait for thee,
ready, my God, thy will to see.
Open my ears, illumine me, Spirit divine!
Open my mouth, and let me bear
gladly the warm truth everywhere;
open my heart and let me prepare
love with thy children thus to share.
Silently now I wait for thee,
ready, my God, thy will to see.
Open my heart, illumine me, Spirit divine!
No comments:
Post a Comment