Suffering, in pain with cancer
and given just months to live
How I wish God would answer
How I beg Him for any sign
How I want to believe
For I know death is eminent
It would b a relief
A strength as cancer does not relent
I pray many times a day
Literally begging for a sign
A feeling a sense of presence
Something to hold to that is mine
I don't want grief to be my answer
I don't want to die and leave my family alone
Help me feel holiness linger
I pray Thou would make Thyself known
Help me to be a patient patient
Still my time is running out
That when I pass, my children
Will know to believe I'm still about
Verse 1] Suffering, in pain with cancer Given just months to live How I wish that God would answer How I beg for any sign to give [Pre-Chorus] I want to believe, I want to hold on Though I know the end is drawing near If relief could come with morning Let it leave me stronger than my fear [Chorus] I pray many times a day Literally begging for a sign A feeling, a sense of Your presence Something I can know is mine I don't want grief to be my answer I don't want to leave them alone Help me feel Your holiness linger I pray, Lord, make Yourself known [Verse 2] I know death is drawing nearer And the cancer will not relent Still I search the quiet moments For a kindness heaven might have sent [Pre-Chorus] I want to believe, I want to hold on With my children gathered close to me Give me one small thread of comfort Something stronger than uncertainty [Chorus] I pray many times a day Literally begging for a sign A feeling, a sense of Your presence Something I can know is mine I don't want grief to be my answer I don't want to leave them alone Help me feel Your holiness linger I pray, Lord, make Yourself known [Bridge] Help me be a patient patient Though my time is running out When I pass beyond their seeing Let them know what love's about Let them know I am not vanished Let the bond remain somehow Hold my family when I cannot Be their shelter, even now [Final Chorus] I pray many times a day Still begging for a sign A feeling, a sense of Your presence A peace I can call mine I don't want grief to be my answer I don't want to leave them alone Help me feel Your holiness linger I pray, Lord, make Yourself known [Outro] And if my voice grows quiet Stay near the ones I love Let them feel the love I carried And the mercy from above
No comments:
Post a Comment