
Thinking of much I've been given
I prayed, gratefully, to share-
And it was as though a door opened from heaven
With rich treasures of blessings waiting there
For, I sensed, in all I'm regarding
There are messages from Him to be found
What, in life, could be more rewarding
Than feeling His love and presence surround
There is always an abundance
Of reasons to give thanks
The good in the bad circumstance
See His hand in all things
[Verse 1]
Thinking of much I've been given
I prayed, gratefully, to share
And it was as though a door opened from heaven
With rich treasures of blessings waiting there
[Pre-Chorus]
For, I sensed, in all I'm regarding
There are messages from Thee to be found
What, in life, could be more rewarding
Than feeling Thy love and presence surround
[Chorus]
There is always an abundance
Of reasons to give thanks
There is always an abundance
For Thy mercy holds my days
The good in the bad circumstance
I see Thy hand in all things
There is always an abundance
Of reasons to give thanks
[Verse 2]
On the road where the questions linger
Light came, kinder than I knew
In the break of the bread, in the work of my hands
Love replaced doubts to faith anew
[Pre-Chorus]
And I keep my eyes on the small things
Every gift that meets my need
Every mercy that wakes up my morning
Every blessing that I did not see
[Chorus]
There is always an abundance
Of reasons to give thanks
There is always an abundance
When Thy mercy holds my days
The good in the bad circumstance
I see Thy hand in all things
There is always an abundance
Of reasons to give thanks
[Bridge]
When the table looks bare
Thou art still there
When the night runs long
Thou make me strong
I will count what remains
And sing through the rain
I see Thy hand in all things
I see Thy hand in all things
[Final Chorus]
There is always an abundance
Of reasons to give thanks
There is always an abundance
For Thy mercy holds my days
The good in the bad circumstance
I see Thy hand in all things
There is always an abundance
Of reasons to give thanks
I randomly remembered this from the Holocaust:
The story of Corrie and Betsie ten Boom highlights the power of gratitude even in dire circumstances. During their time in the Ravensbrück concentration camp, the sisters faced horrific conditions, including infestations of fleas and lice. Despite their suffering, they chose to give thanks for these very pests. Betsie believed that the fleas allowed them to hold worship services without interruption from the guards, as the soldiers avoided their barracks due to the infestation
. This act of gratitude became a profound lesson in finding hope and purpose amidst despair, illustrating the strength of faith and resilience
No comments:
Post a Comment