I threw my life away
And hid so none could see
I tried to end it one day
But suicide failed me
After detox, I sought
A safe place in which to cleanse
All my character flaws
That founded my addictive sins
I prayed to Heavenly Father
And I felt wrapped in His arms
From this, I was able to gather
Grace to stay safe from harm
I knew I'd shortcomings
And I would struggle each day
But, I knew that everything
Too, was going to be o.k.
And hid so none could see
I tried to end it one day
But suicide failed me
[Pre-Chorus]
After detox, I sought
A safe place to cleanse
All my character flaws
That founded my addictive sins
[Chorus] Heavenly Father, hold me
Wrapped in Your arms
Heavenly Father, hold me
Keep me safe from harm
I’m learning, I’m learning
To stay when it hurts
Heavenly Father, hold me
Till my heart knows worth
[Verse 2] I knew I'd shortcomings
And I would struggle each day
But I kept showing up
Even when I slipped away
[Pre-Chorus]
After detox, I sought
A safe place to cleanse
All my character flaws
That founded my addictive sins
[Chorus]
Heavenly Father, hold me
Wrapped in Your arms
Heavenly Father, hold me
Keep me safe from harm
I’m learning, I’m learning
To stay when it hurts
Heavenly Father, hold me
Till my heart knows worth
[Bridge]
I prayed and felt it near
Grace moving through the dark
Not fixed in a day
But healed in the parts
[Final Chorus]
Heavenly Father, hold me
Wrapped in Your arms
Heavenly Father, hold me
Keep me safe from harm
I’m learning, I’m learning
To stay when it hurts
Heavenly Father, hold me
And I will know my worth
The LDS Addiction Recovery Program frames Step 7 around the key principle of humility, where participants humbly ask Heavenly Father to remove their shortcomings through reliance on Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment