
my impressions from regional conference and my limited notetaking:
In the quiet hour
I look for inner strength
That when I face affliction,
I might find peace at length
When I put my trust in God
And His knowledge that is sure
Hope is born for comfort
That I might more endure
Then in my times of doubt
Anguish holds no power
For I know that God's about
To guide me in that hour
Am I really living as I should?
Do I let small events guide me?
Am I doing as the Savior would?
Am I repenting unto what I can be?
I know that I am free to act
And that good and evil abounds
Thus, I give care to what I attract
So on the Lord's side I am found
Shall I justify a lifestyle
That yields no peace or inner joy?
Or look for doctrinal loopholes while
I chase after what the world enjoys?
No, I will look unto all that's great
And let Jesus be at the helm
I will hearken Him and choose the holy life
And look forward to the celestial realm
[Verse 1]
In the quiet hour, I search for strength within
When affliction finds me, where shall peace begin?
I place my trust in God, whose knowledge stands secure
Hope becomes my shelter, helping me endure
[Chorus]
When doubt surrounds my heart, I will not lose my way
The Lord is near beside me, guiding me through the day
I’ll turn my face toward Jesus, and choose the better part
His peace will lead me onward, and steady up my heart
[Verse 2]
Am I living as I should, when little things arise?
Do I follow like the Savior, with compassion in my eyes?
I’m free to choose my pathway; good and evil call
So I will seek the Lord’s side, and give my best to all
[Chorus]
When doubt surrounds my heart, I will not lose my way
The Lord is near beside me, guiding me through the day
I’ll turn my face toward Jesus, and choose the better part
His peace will lead me onward, and steady up my heart
[Bridge]
I will not excuse the road that leaves my spirit dry
Nor chase the world’s approval while the quiet virtues die
I’ll seek the truth with courage, repent and rise anew
With Jesus at the helm, I’ll let His light shine through
[Final Chorus]
When doubt surrounds my heart, I will not lose my way
The Lord is near beside me, guiding me through the day
I’ll turn my face toward Jesus, and choose the better part
His peace will lead me onward, and steady up my heart
[Outro]
I’ll hearken to His counsel, and walk the holy road
With hope beyond this journey, toward my celestial home
Elder Ballard February 22, 2009
Elder Ballard February 22, 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment