To really truly know the reach of divine love
Is to understand that He loves each of us
No matter how far we fall, He lifts from above
Through the infinite atonement of Jesus
Here is what I know, there is no denial
Late one night as an attorney I was called
A man confessed to murder and carjacking
It was late but for the family I did not stall
The county jail was big dark and austere
I got cleared for the elevator, going down
To the basement, where the guards buzzed me there
Through multiple solid steel doors to a hall
The walk was long to a concrete room
The whole way, I wrestled with the fact
At gunpoint he had robbed at point blank shot
And then hijacked a car to flee from the act
When the door opened, I saw the man in chains
Locked around his wrists, feet, and waist
And while this man had committed horrible things
I knew God's love for him and cared for his fate
He would spend many long years locked up
Living out a sentence in concrete
It was here, I learned the extent of Christ's love
And again with every criminal I meet
Yes even the convicted child abuser
Who sobbed uncontrollably
The homeless woman who tried to kill herself
Who got caught robbing and vandalizing
The man who sold his body to pay for drugs
None of these are worthless to the Lord
He paid the price through the atonement
As well as for every atrocity performed
He will save the vilest wicked
If they're penitent
Though their sins be as scarlet
The same is forgiven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eclM448kYvc&t=951s
Brigham Young University–Hawaii Devotional | September 29, 2026 Luke J. Nichols teaches that evidence of God’s existence can be found through the testimonies and experiences of countless witnesses. Drawing from experiences as a missionary and criminal defense attorney, he shares personal accounts of miracles, divine guidance, and feeling God’s love for people facing serious challenges. He reminds students that Jesus Christ is the Savior, that no one is beyond the reach of His love and Atonement, and that each person can seek a personal witness of God and the truth of the scriptures. “The evidence exists: God lives, Jesus is our Savior and the scriptures are true. The witnesses are many and each of you can pray to God to know the truth for yourselves.”
No comments:
Post a Comment