Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Time is a Funny Thing- Where Did Time Go? a song about aging and dementia

Time is a funny thing

It likes to play memory tricks

In games like Hide and Seek

Or watch as its long hand slowly ticks

As though to say, "

It’s time we upped the antics!

Where did time go?

I say and can't recall.

When did I grow

To not remember at all?

As time, now, has fallen into a deep sleep crawl


[Verse 1] Time is a funny thing It likes to play memory tricks In games like Hide and Seek Or watch as its long hand slowly ticks As though to say, It’s time we upped the antics! [Pre-Chorus] Oh time I see your face As you demand attention And I watch, just in case I've a moment to mention [Chorus] Where did time go? Where did time go? I swear it was here a minute ago Where did time go? [Verse 2] Oh, where did time go? I say and can't recall. When did I grow To not remember at all? As time, now, has fallen Into a deep sleep crawl [Pre-Chorus] Oh time I see your face As you demand attention And I watch, just in case I've a moment to mention [Chorus] Where did time go? Where did time go? I swear it was here a minute ago Where did time go? [Bridge] If I blink, it slips If I chase, it drifts Through my hands like rain Through the cracks and the gifts [Chorus] Where did time go? Where did time go? I swear it was here a minute ago Where did time go?




Metaphorically 
describes memory loss =time playing hide and seek- "Where did time go?" 
Time slipping "through my hands like rain." 
The confusion and forgotten moments= time "falls into a deep sleep crawl." 
 First Mom 
Now Dad 
Time teaches and reaches= a face demanding attention

No comments:

Post a Comment