Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Here I Can Breathe- understanding depression

 


My heart has flat lined

And feels no joy

There's no light designed

That I enjoy


A smile would crack

My worn face

In strength, I lack

I need grace


My chemistry's off

Stress makes it worse

I see others laugh

I'm way off course


In a sea drowning

Trying to catch my breath

You see me frowning

It's because I feel like death


I float in the pain

As I sleep in bed

Though no rest, again!

I try food instead


And then I walk

To keep my calm

Here I can talk

To God, my balm


Here I can breathe

I can see God's hand

And in my breast

Warmth, He understands


[Verse 1]

My heart has flat lined

And feels no joy

There's no light designed

That I enjoy

A smile would crack

My worn face

In strength, I lack

I need grace


[Pre-Chorus]

My chemistry's off

Stress makes it worse

I see others laugh

I'm way off course

In a sea drowning

Trying to catch my breath

You see me frowning

It's because I feel like death


[Chorus]

Where can I breathe

(To catch my breath)

Where can I breathe

Such anxiety

Clutching my breast

With cold gripping hands


[Verse 2]

I float in the pain

As I sleep in bed

Though no rest, again!

I try food instead

And then I walk

To keep my calm

Here I can talk

To God, my balm


[Pre-Chorus]

My chemistry's off

Stress makes it worse

I see others laugh

I'm way off course

In a sea drowning

Trying to catch my breath

You see me frowning

It's because I feel like death


[Chorus]

Here I can breathe

(Here I can breathe)

Here I can breathe

God's hand is on me

Warmth in my breast

Warmth, He understands


[Bridge]

Here I can talk

To God, my balm

Here I can breathe

And I can see God's hand

When I'm worn thin

He understands


[Final Chorus]

Here I can breathe

(Here I can breathe)

Here I can breathe

God's hand is on me

Warmth in my breast

Warmth, He understands

Here I can breathe

(Here I can breathe)

Here I can breathe

And I can see His hand

Depression symptoms like emotional numbness, anxiety, insomnia, and physical distress while highlighting faith-based relief through prayer and walking and talking to God as a "balm." feeling His hand, and that He understands.. drug resistant depression




No comments:

Post a Comment