Sometimes in difficult situations
My heart melts like wax, crestfallen
My students deserve an education
For strength, I put up my wall then
This wall grows taller with each offence
For I cannot let misbehavior get to me
I know a child's reacting to outside influence
Where strife overwrites and is their schooling
So I show a tried and true wall of confidence
I know how and where I must lead them
I know good grades can make a difference
I show them that school is a safe haven
Fear has no place in a school
Each routine adds stability
Each assignment is a tool
To increase an ability
When I go home the wall can fall
I collapse so I can rebuild
I'm reminded that this is my call
I've a purpose to fulfill
I know these very students that try me
Will return to my room each year
Not for accusing, but for hugging
Grateful for the love they felt here
A safe haven, a place to begin
A steady hand when the world rushes in
No comments:
Post a Comment