We get so enamored with creating content
That we venture to the fringe topics
And if, with ourselves, we are honest
This strokes our egos as does gossip
If you've a need to prove yourself
Find someone in need of Light
Fresh eyes on basic truths can help
Us immerse in new insightsI read a discussion in x.com that was interesting. I thought about comparing it to gossip. What do you think? This is all foreign to me. I have heard that Sunday School discussions can go off topic. But, I'm in the nursery, so who am I to say?
The post urges online LDS influencers to stop declaring new doctrine or refuting "the Brethren" (church leaders like the apostles), arguing they lack authority and should focus on core fundamentals instead of fringe topics.It frames disagreements with official conference statements as potential ego issues, reflecting tensions in LDS online spaces between centralized prophetic authority and independent voices.Replies show community division, including defenses of personal interpretation, sarcasm about unquestioned obedience, and a meme labeling unscriptural "implied" gospel truths as "conspiracy theology."
No comments:
Post a Comment