Put your life beside this brother's
And seek for Christ's light all around
Look for those lessons above others
There you will be on holy ground
In a grove of trees where morning light gives birth
Young Joseph Smith humbly knelt, desiring much to know
If and where God's kingdom was still upon the earth
Thus, to him- God and His Son, as personages did show
To commence the restoration and teach mankind their worth
Testify as a lion
Start with "I KNOW" each time
Young Joseph Smith humbly knelt, desiring much to know
If and where God's kingdom was still upon the earth
Thus, to him- God and His Son, as personages did show
To commence the restoration and teach mankind their worth
In the end, as a prophet, he went like a lamb to his slaughter
Having done the best that could be done
"Oh Lord, my God," his last words were recorded after
Do not doubt for a moment, right then, he saw the Son!
Having done the best that could be done
"Oh Lord, my God," his last words were recorded after
Do not doubt for a moment, right then, he saw the Son!
No man or prison door could stop
This glad message his to bear
As a martyr he was shot!
But, his vision we still share
This glad message his to bear
As a martyr he was shot!
But, his vision we still share
His lifelong mission
Alone was his to do
It started with a vision
And ended this way too
Now, Stiffen, not slacken
Your spiritual spineTestify as a lion
Start with "I KNOW" each time
Verse 1]
Put your life beside this brother's
And seek for Christ's light all around
Look for those lessons above others
There you will be on holy ground
In a grove of trees where morning light gives birth
Young Joseph Smith humbly knelt, desiring much to know
If and where God's kingdom was still upon the earth
Thus, to him- God and His Son, as personages did show
[Pre-Chorus]
To commence the restoration
And teach mankind their worth
In the end, as a prophet
He went like a lamb to his slaughter
[Chorus]
I KNOW, I KNOW
His vision still lives on
I KNOW, I KNOW
The Son was there that dawn
No man or prison door
Could stop this glad message near
I KNOW, I KNOW
We still share what he saw here
[Verse 2]
Having done the best that could be done
"Oh Lord, my God," his last words were recorded after
Do not doubt for a moment, right then, he saw the Son!
As a martyr he was shot! But, his vision we still share
His lifelong mission
Alone was his to do
It started with a vision
And ended with one, too
[Pre-Chorus]
Now, Stiffen, not slacken
Your spiritual spine
Testify as a lion
Start with I KNOW each time
[Chorus]
I KNOW, I KNOW
His vision still lives on
I KNOW, I KNOW
The Son was there that dawn
No man or prison door
Could stop this glad message near
I KNOW, I KNOW
We still share what he saw here
[Bridge]
From grove to grave
The witness still remains
What Heaven showed him then
Still answers hearts and claims
[Chorus]
I KNOW, I KNOW
His vision still lives on
I KNOW, I KNOW
The Son was there that dawn
No man or prison door
Could stop this glad message near
I KNOW, I KNOW
We still share what he saw here
No comments:
Post a Comment