Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2026

Step 12: Service - Erik’s Story about Drug Addiction Recovery







Within seconds, I was on the floor
It was an overdose!
I didn't want to live anymore
I landed flat on my nose
Shattered and in need of repair
I went to 12 step in spite of my face
Line upon line I came unto care
And my life started to fall into place
Because of what I now know
I return to recover every week
And in new ways, I still grow
To become strong, where I was weak


Face the music

And come clean

Addicts are sick

What's hidden gets seen

Face the music

And joy to your step

twelve steps. Do it

Our Savior will help


[Verse 1] Within seconds, I was on the floor It was an overdose! I didn't want to live anymore I landed flat on my nose Shattered and in need of repair I went to 12 step in spite of my face Line upon line I came unto care And my life started to fall into place [Pre-Chorus] Because of what I now know I return to recover every week And in new ways, I still grow To become strong, where I was weak [Chorus] Face the music And come clean Face the music And come clean Addicts are sick What's hidden gets seen Face the music Add joy to your step Twelve steps. Do it Our Savior will help [Verse 2] Because of what I now know I return to recover every week And in new ways, I still grow To become strong, where I was weak [Chorus] Face the music And come clean Face the music And come clean Addicts are sick What's hidden gets seen Face the music Add joy to your step Twelve steps. Do it Our Savior will help [Bridge] Line upon line I came unto care Shattered and in need of repair I went to 12 step in spite of my face And my life started to fall into place [Final Chorus] Face the music And come clean Face the music And come clean Addicts are sick What's hidden gets seen Face the music Add joy to your step Twelve steps. Do it Our Savior will help

No comments:

Post a Comment