Pages

▼

Saturday, September 12, 2026

A View of Jerusalem


At Christmas time I need
To think of our Lord's day
Of His precious birth I read
All that the scriptures say

I fill my home with music
Decorations and lights
With olive carvings, rustic
A nativity delights

And I long to journey
To the land of our Lord
To see what He did see
His country He adored

But, what I have is a book
From a student with a pen
Who wrote while too she looked
Out upon Jerusalem

What better Christmas gift
Could one buy for the home
Than a book that does lift
Our minds to where Christ did roam

A View of Jerusalem
by BYU student Erin Sheely Tolman
http://byujc.org
click on this posts title- View of Jerusalem to go to this site




Verse 1] At Christmas time I need To think of our Lord's day Of His precious birth I read All that the scriptures say [Verse 2] I fill my home with music Decorations and lights With olive carvings, rustic A nativity delights [Chorus] And I long to journey To the land of our Lord To see what He did see His country He adored [Verse 3] But what I have is a book From a student with a pen Who wrote while too she looked Out upon Jerusalem [Bridge] What better Christmas gift Could one buy for the home Than a book that does lift Our minds to where Christ did roam [Chorus] And I long to journey To the land of our Lord To see what He did see His country He adored [Outro] A book that does lift Our minds to where Christ did roam

1 comment: