Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2026

Proven Prayer- Lovingly Led


I have been lovingly led
To a woman who completes me
When I was on a path to dread
Prayer helped me to believe and see
...
A recent love
Was a deception
I saw the dirt on her gloves
With prayer's closer inspection

Then in heart ache
I questioned myself
And for pain's sake
Put dating on the shelf

But, as time flew
I made a rebound
I had to move, too
For the right girl, I'd found

This time my vision's not been blurred
I'm with the right person, in the right place
And a prayer has sealed what my heart assured
She's whom I'll marry throughout time and space...

Now: work, love and school
There's no time for rest
Except for the spiritual fuel
I would not ace each test

And what lies ahead?
A sealing date, of course
And from this day, may I be lead
By proven prayer as my best resource
For that is the way to be safe from remorse


[Verse 1] I have been lovingly led To a woman who completes me When I was on a path to dread Prayer helped me to believe and see A recent love Was a deception I saw the dirt on her gloves With prayer's closer inspection [Pre-Chorus] Then in heart ache I questioned myself For pain's sake Put dating on the shelf But time flew And I moved, too For the right girl, I'd found Right here, right now [Chorus] Proven prayer Proven prayer She's the one I need Proven prayer Proven prayer It brought me back to peace [Verse 2] This time my vision's not been blurred I'm with the right person, in the right place And a prayer has sealed what my heart assured She's whom I'll marry throughout time and space Now: work, love and school There's no time for rest Except for the spiritual fuel I would not ace each test [Pre-Chorus] And what lies ahead? A sealing date, of course From this day, may I be lead By proven prayer as my best resource For that is the way To be safe from remorse For that is the way To be safe from remorse [Chorus] Proven prayer Proven prayer She's the one I need Proven prayer Proven prayer It brought me back to peace [Bridge] When the week runs long And the doubts lean in I lift up my hands And I trust again No fear can stay Where grace has found me What was once a wound Now is a mercy [Final Chorus] Proven prayer Proven prayer She's the one I need Proven prayer Proven prayer It brought me back to peace Proven prayer Proven prayer From this day on, I'm led Proven prayer Proven prayer And my heart can rest

No comments:

Post a Comment