They looked up to the tower's peak.
He spoke of God, who lends us breath,
To whom we are so much in debt.
Of what he taught during his reign,
He'd asked himself to do the same:
From holy temple sacrifice
To giving service without price.
This king showed much humility.
Speaking strong in frailty.
Aged and bent his frame was trembling.
Yet, he'd called all for assembling.
What did he want them most to do?
Serve the One True King and man, too.
What are we that we should boast?
For that withdraws the Holy Ghost.
Of the dust, we are created
And remain ever indebted.
His words rid his garments of their blood,
So angels' choirs may round him flood.
[Verse 1]
For the last words their king would speak,
They raised their eyes to the tower's peak.
He spoke of God, who lends us breath,
To whom we owe our life and death.
[Verse 2]
Of all he taught throughout his reign,
He asked his heart to do the same:
From temple smoke and offering,
To serving those with nothing to bring.
[Chorus]
This king wore low humility,
His strength made plain in frailty.
Lift up the One True King above,
Then serve both God and neighbor with love.
[Verse 3]
Aged and bent, his frame was trembling,
Still he called the people, assembling.
“What would I have you choose today?
Serve the Lord and serve humankind’s way.”
[Verse 4]
What are we that we should boast?
Pride can drive the Holy Ghost.
From dust our borrowed lives were made,
And every breath is debt repaid.
[Bridge]
Let no proud robe conceal the stain,
Let mercy wash the heart again.
The humble soul, released from blood,
May join the angels’ rising flood.
[Chorus]
This king wore low humility,
His strength made plain in frailty.
Lift up the One True King above,
Then serve both God and neighbor with love.
[Outro]
From dust we rise, to dust return,
Yet grace remains where candles burn.
Serve the One who gives us breath,
And meet the dawn beyond our death.
- King Benjamin: “I at this time have caused that ye should assemble yourselves together, that I might be found blameless, and that your blood should not come upon me, when I shall stand to be judged of God of the things whereof he hath commanded me concerning you.
“I say unto you that I have caused that ye should assemble yourselves together that I might rid my garments of your blood, at this period of time when I am about to go down to my grave, that I might go down in peace” (Mosiah 2:27-28).
No comments:
Post a Comment