Pages

▼

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

The Repentance Coach- Point Them To the Healer

Every Sunday for five years

I open my office for the repentant

They come confessing with tears

Their worst sins or the struggles they have as an addict


This is my call as a judge

I am thirty, many are twice my age

Oft, I turn the lights off alone

And pray in the dark, pleading for strength


The answer came early one morning

The light caught on a picture of Jesus

I felt how He treated a sinner, mourning

With love He listened, then pointed them towards healing


My job is to shepherd, to coach the way

I point them to Jesus who can mend their wounds

Their guilt, their regrets, their sorrow, their pain

He alone can bear this weight, His light surrounds


Like each that came, with much weighing on them

It took me being burdened and stretched so thin

To understand each man's desperate need

 To surrender the will, and in prayer to plead


Whoever you are mad at

Or you find annoying

Compassionately see their pain

Keep loving, rejoicing


Read what I wrote and see how SUNO rewrote it.  I wonder...



Verse 1] Every Sunday, five years running I open the office door They bring their tears and tangled stories And lay their burdens on the floor Worst mistakes, the grip of craving Private battles, hard to name This is the work I’ve been entrusted To meet each soul without blame [Verse 2] I’m thirty years old; some are twice my age Still I sit and hear them through Then I switch off every office light And ask for strength to see them through Alone, I pray into the darkness For wisdom I can’t make my own How can I guide the ones who trust me When I feel so small alone? [Chorus] So I point them toward the Healer Toward the One who knows their name He can hold the guilt and sorrow He can meet them in their pain I can shepherd, I can listen Walk beside them as they mend Jesus bears the weight they carry Mercy meets them there again [Verse 3] One early morning, light fell softly On the picture by my chair I thought of how He met the sinner With a patient, tender care He listened first, then showed the pathway Out of shame and toward the day Not a sentence without mercy But a hand that leads the way [Chorus] So I point them toward the Healer Toward the One who knows their name He can hold the guilt and sorrow He can meet them in their pain I can shepherd, I can listen Walk beside them as they mend Jesus bears the weight they carry Mercy meets them there again [Bridge] I know the strain of being burdened Of stretching past the strength I knew It taught me every heart is reaching For a grace that carries through Surrender what you cannot govern Bring your pleading into prayer There is room beneath His mercy There is hope enough to share [Outro] Whoever you are angry with Whoever tries your patience today Look with compassion at their hurting Keep loving; let joy have its way

@JeffBurningham

https://x.com/JeffBurningham/status/2104972302895002070?s=20

No comments:

Post a Comment