I pick up a book
I can almost disappear
Into the pages
Each scene, I can see and hear
I can be anyone
My character is
I can be anywhere
I'll react, you'll notice
Sometimes I laugh
Sometimes I cry
Sometimes I question
In the end I sigh
Because it's over
I red it cover to cover
[Verse 1] I pick up a book I can almost disappear Into the pages Each scene, I can see and hear I can be anyone My character is I can be anywhere I'll react, you'll notice [Pre-Chorus] Sometimes I laugh Sometimes I cry Sometimes I question Why I try [Chorus] I can be anyone I can be anyone I can be anywhere When the cover opens wide I can be anyone I can be anyone I can be anywhere Then I turn the last page and sigh [Verse 2] Because it's over I red it cover to cover And I held each moment Like it might stay longer Now the room feels smaller After every line But I keep coming back One more page at a time [Pre-Chorus] Sometimes I laugh Sometimes I cry Sometimes I question Why I try [Chorus] I can be anyone I can be anyone I can be anywhere When the cover opens wide I can be anyone I can be anyone I can be anywhere Then I turn the last page and sigh [Bridge] If I lose my name Inside that little glow I don't mind the ache I already know Every borrowed heartbeat Leaves a mark on me When the story ends It still lives in me [Chorus] I can be anyone I can be anyone I can be anywhere When the cover opens wide I can be anyone I can be anyone I can be anywhere Then I turn the last page and sigh
No comments:
Post a Comment