Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2026

Burr in My Saddle


I once had something stuck in my craw

Like cud, it came back oft for rumination

I would gripe, bicker, protest, and even brawl

As I focused on that single situation


With an ego quick to react

I let pride commit treason

Instead of listening to fact

I put away patience and reason


Like a burr in a saddle

It was always there

And it was hard to handle

But easy to share


One day the damn burst

I took a long look in the mirror

Past the stubborn old hurt

I could see my own error


With a tip of my hat

I walked up to that man

And stretched out my hand

And said let's not be mad

 [Verse 1]

I once had something stuck in my craw Like cud, it came back oft for rumination I would gripe, bicker, protest, and even brawl As I focused on that single situation My ego jumped fast My pride ran the show I heard every slight But I let the truth go [Pre-Chorus] Like a burr in a saddle It was always there And it was hard to handle But easy to share [Chorus] Burr in my saddle It rode me rough Burr in my saddle I’d had enough Let it go Let it go Burr in my saddle I’m better now [Verse 2] One day the damn burst I took a long look in the mirror Past the stubborn old hurt I could see my own error Tip of my hat I walked up to that man Stretched out my hand Said, “let’s not be mad” [Pre-Chorus] Like a burr in a saddle It was always there And it was hard to handle But easy to share [Chorus] Burr in my saddle It rode me rough Burr in my saddle I’d had enough Let it go Let it go Burr in my saddle I’m better now [Bridge] I quit keeping score I quit feeding the flame What I was fighting Had my own name [Final Chorus] Burr in my saddle It rode me rough Burr in my saddle I’d had enough Let it go Let it go Burr in my saddle I’m better now


Thank you Brother Huffaker
Sunday School lesson about apostasy
 stuck in my craw- bothers you, causes resentment

No comments:

Post a Comment