Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Step 7: Humility - Holly’s Story about Drug Addiction Recovery





I threw my life away
And hid so none could see
I tried to end it one day
But suicide failed me
After detox, I sought
A safe place in which to cleanse
All my character flaws
That founded my addictive sins
I prayed to Heavenly Father
And I felt wrapped in His arms
From this, I was able to gather
Grace to stay safe from harm
I knew I'd shortcomings
And I would struggle each day
But, I knew that everything
Too, was going to be o.k.


[Verse 1] I threw my life away
 And hid so none could see 
I tried to end it one day 
But suicide failed me 

[Pre-Chorus]
 After detox, I sought 
A safe place to cleanse 
All my character flaws 
That founded my addictive sins

 [Chorus] Heavenly Father, hold me 
Wrapped in Your arms 
Heavenly Father, hold me 
Keep me safe from harm 

I’m learning, I’m learning 
To stay when it hurts 
Heavenly Father, hold me 
Till my heart knows worth 

[Verse 2] I knew I'd shortcomings 
And I would struggle each day 
But I kept showing up 
Even when I slipped away

 [Pre-Chorus] 
After detox, I sought 
A safe place to cleanse 
All my character flaws 
That founded my addictive sins

 [Chorus] 
Heavenly Father, hold me 
Wrapped in Your arms 
Heavenly Father, hold me 
Keep me safe from harm 

I’m learning, I’m learning 
To stay when it hurts 
Heavenly Father, hold me 
Till my heart knows worth 

[Bridge] 
I prayed and felt it near 
Grace moving through the dark 
Not fixed in a day 
But healed in the parts 

[Final Chorus] 
Heavenly Father, hold me 
Wrapped in Your arms 
Heavenly Father, hold me 
Keep me safe from harm 

I’m learning, I’m learning 
To stay when it hurts 
Heavenly Father, hold me 
And I will know my worth

The LDS Addiction Recovery Program frames Step 7 around the key principle of humility, where participants humbly ask Heavenly Father to remove their shortcomings through reliance on Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment