A dismal man who had lost his faith
Challenged, "What has God done for you?"
And I being one who likes to pray
Replied, "He strengthens me anew"
Fear and hatred is no more
As peace and love fills my heart
Through Him, I can start over
Inspired... to do my part
Challenged, "What has God done for you?"
And I being one who likes to pray
Replied, "He strengthens me anew"
Fear and hatred is no more
As peace and love fills my heart
Through Him, I can start over
Inspired... to do my part
What has He done?
But, everything
My soul He has won
And my heart does sing!
This man perhaps didn't expect my words
For he acted like nothing was heard
He just wanted to grumble, to walk away
I hope he turns, humble, someday to pray
[Verse 1]
A dismal man who lost his faith
Asked me, “What has God done for you?”
And I, who still return to pray,
Said, “He makes my strength feel new”
[Pre-Chorus]
The fear and hatred fell away
Peace and love now fill my heart
Through His grace I start again
He gives me strength to do my part
[Chorus]
What has He done?
Everything
He has won my soul
And my heart will sing
What has He done?
Everything
In His mercy I am made whole
And my heart will sing
[Verse 2]
He may not have expected words
That carried something more than sound
He turned aside and kept his grief,
Still searching for a way out
[Pre-Chorus]
But I believe a seed was sown
Though he walked away that day
May he turn with humbled heart
And find the courage now to pray
[Chorus]
What has He done?
Everything
He has won my soul
And my heart will sing
What has He done?
Everything
In His mercy I am made whole
And my heart will sing
[Bridge]
When I was empty, He stayed near
When I was weary, He was strong
He met me underneath my fear
And taught my wounded heart a song
[Final Chorus]
What has He done?
Everything
He has won my soul
And my heart will sing
What has He done?
Everything
In His mercy I am made whole
And my heart will sing
[Outro]
My heart will sing
My heart will sing
No comments:
Post a Comment