A quality stick was found
And neatly smoothed all around
The laws of God were then engraved
To remind me, here they were saved
I cannot pick up but one end
For the laws of God do not bend
It's all or none. I must repent
And hold it through the atonement.
The laws of God were then engraved
To remind me, here they were saved
I cannot pick up but one end
For the laws of God do not bend
It's all or none. I must repent
And hold it through the atonement.
Every choice leads to outcomes
Every choice gives a lesson
It's a choice to be mindful
Learn to pray and to listen
[Verse 1]
A careful hand found a strong-hewn staff
And smoothed each edge until it passed
Then sacred words were carved in grain
To keep their charge through loss and change
[Chorus]
I reach for one end, but the whole thing turns
A promise held is a promise learned
No half-way road, no borrowed part
The law stays firm; it shapes the heart
[Verse 2]
I cannot take just what feels light
And leave the weight outside my sight
The path is whole, the choice is clear
I bow my head and draw You near
[Chorus]
I reach for one end, but the whole thing turns
A promise held is a promise learned
No half-way road, no borrowed part
The law stays firm; it shapes the heart
[Bridge]
Each decision plants a seed
Each consequence can teach my need
Make me mindful, make me still
Teach my ears to hear Your will
[Final Chorus]
I reach for one end, but the whole thing turns
A promise held is a promise learned
No half-way road, no borrowed part
The law stays firm; it shapes the heart
[Outro]
So I will listen, pray, and mend
And hold the truth from end to end
No comments:
Post a Comment