Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2026

The Last Thing That I Want



The last thing that I want
Is to tell you what to do
But I think I should acknowledge
What I feel, and speak to you

The changes that we see
The uneasiness we feel
Are things that shouldn't be
Let us talk and let love heal

Is there something aching you?
Is it something we have done?
We see your frustration
How this halts the good to come

We stand firm on this one thing
Contention destroys the home
A negative attitude will bring
Nothing good to be known

We used to feel so close
All you show is you don't care
But, now your heart is closed
Do you have something to share?

If not, we'll give you space
But, please give us some grace
Show respect and courtesy
What a family should be


Verse 1] The last thing that I want Is to tell you what to do But I think I should acknowledge What I feel, and speak to you The changes that we see The uneasiness we feel Are things that shouldn't be Let us talk and let love heal [Pre-Chorus] Is there something aching you? Is it something we have done? We see your frustration How this halts the good to come We stand firm on this one thing Contention destroys the home [Chorus] Let us talk and let love heal Let us talk and let love heal A negative attitude will bring Nothing good to be known [Verse 2] We used to feel so close All you show is you don't care But, now your heart is closed Do you have something to share? If not, we'll give you space But, please give us some grace Show respect and courtesy What a family should be [Bridge] We don't want the wall We want a way back in We don't want the weight To keep us split within Say what's aching you Say it plain and true [Chorus] Let us talk and let love heal Let us talk and let love heal A negative attitude will bring Nothing good to be known [Outro] Show respect and courtesy What a family should be


GCBC Week 2: “Can Ye Feel So Now?” By Elder Quentin L. Cook ...

diapersanddivinity.com/.../gcbc-week-2-can-ye-feel-so-now-by-elder...
Oct 14, 2012 – How do you think Elder Cook's counsel can be helpful to you and your family? ... 16 Responses to GCBC Week 2: “Can Ye Feel So Now... Lack of commitment and apathy are huge attitudes I see in lots of acquaintances and .

The church has a great parenting class.  We are having lessons from it at a stake level.  We have been practicing voicing concerns by attacking frustrations and not the person.  It is a plea for help and not an attack on the child. Trying to take it to the next level.  How does the Savior feel when we go against what he has taught? He still sees the beauty in each of us and what we can become. He offers hope. How would He want us to parent? We have to stay gentle, inviting, being an example and not being acted upon while being firm to our expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment