Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Thinking- New Colors Bright Findings




Demons inside my head
Recycle continually
Controlling where I'm led
Darkening habitually

One day I wrote them down
Scattered about my feet
On black paper though still around
I've now a panorama- sweet

Thinking of how I act...
Replaying old behaviors
Those sinful patterns I attract
I wrote on yellowed papers

Then... thinking of each friend in turn
The ones that faded away
After leaving me to burn
I wrote them off...in grey

Which sheets can I replace today
As in new ways I think and do?
Adding colors that shine away
Making steps for a life that's new

First...I start before a mirror
And play out who I want to be
Chucking what's been inferior
I dress the part...of my new me

Where chaos had been my friend
I now have much more space
Freedom...with time to spend
Finding sheets of golden lace

Still, I wonder...Is this but a quick fix?
As I have set down my history
No...with the weight dropped, brightness clicks
Flooding hope's light for victory

Back to the mirror...I take out a big pen
And draw a hand before my eyes
Out stretched, inviting... open
Reminding me of Christ

A perfect friend, I've found at last
His truths are beauty to my mind
As now I'm thankful for the past
For contrast to the new colors I find

Verse 1] Demons inside my head, recycle continually Controlling where I'm led, darkening habitually One day I wrote them down, scattered about my feet On black paper, though still around, I've a panorama sweet [Verse 2] Thinking of how I act, replaying old behaviors Those sinful patterns I attract, I wrote on yellowed papers Then thinking of each friend in turn, the ones that faded away After leaving me to burn, I wrote them off in grey [Pre-Chorus] Which sheets can I replace today? As in new ways I think and do Adding colors that shine away Making steps for a life that's new [Chorus] First, I start before a mirror And play out who I want to be Chucking what's been inferior I dress the part of my new me Where chaos had been my friend I now have much more space Freedom with time to spend Finding sheets of golden lace [Verse 3] Still, I wonder, is this but a quick fix? As I have set down my history No, with the weight dropped, brightness clicks Flooding hope's light for victory [Bridge] Back to the mirror, I take out a big pen And draw a hand before my eyes Outstretched, inviting, open Reminding me of Christ [Final Chorus] A perfect friend, I've found at last His truths are beauty to my mind As now I'm thankful for the past For contrast to the new colors I find First, I start before a mirror And play out who I want to be Chucking what's been inferior I dress the part of my new me [Outro] New colors I find New colors I find

thoughts from reading
Transcript "Christ-Centered Healing from
Depression and Low Self-Worth
Carrie Maxwell Wrigley, LCSW
BYU Education Week, Aug 15, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment